One of the reasons there’s poor management in the mortgage sector is the lack of education. People end up in managing positions, without really understanding the full landscape, and that affects how the entire industry develops and influences the lives of so many people.
It’s time for some change, don’t you agree?
Ralph intends to disrupt the way you think about the mortgage industry, the way you see the business, and the way you do business. He encourages people to think outside the box, take some shots, and try different things.
In today’s episode, I am joined by my friend, Ralph, who is living proof that you can form friendships in business and business in friendships. We take the pulse of the mortgage industry today, stressing the need for more education – both for buyers and sellers – and we dive into predictions for the foreseeable future.
Ralph Dibugnara is a nationally recognized mortgage expert and a frequent real estate industry commentator, featured in CNBC, Fox Business, Forbes, Huffington Post, and several other top-tier media outlets. With over 15+ years of experience, he is the President of Home Qualified and Vice President at Cardinal Financial, and focuses on the millennial demographic and redefining the role of the banker in today’s buyer-centric real estate market.
A frequent industry commentator, Ralph is laser-focused on the trends and tides of the new world real estate game, so listen to Episode 39 of Deposit That, to learn the latest tendencies in this industry, especially with everything that’s going on in the US, today.
Questions I ask:
- Do you think that it was very important learning sales first, then add to your God-given talent of management skills? (01:46)
- What do you think causes the poor lack of leadership and management, specifically in the mortgage industry? (02:36)
- How do you set your goals and what your future plans are, in a daily environment? (22:12)
- Do you think loan officers are still a value nationwide? (28:33)
- How do we get out to the consumer that not every rate is for every single person, and we don’t control that? (34:21)
- What do you see happening over the next 90 days in the marketplace? (39:33)
In this episode, you will learn:
- Ralph’s background and how he got into the mortgage business. (00:58)
- The importance of developing a personal brand. (07:36)
- How having a routine was one of the contributors to Ralph’s success. (14:27)
- How Ralph views the recruiting process in this industry. (26:23)
- The vision behind the “real estate disruptors”. (29:11)
- Ralph’s Deposit That advice. (43:37)