“A good loan officer can fix problems; a great loan officer avoids them“
Being in the mortgage industry has its perks, but it also means that you have to find a way to be available for your clients 24/7, and this is not an easy job, especially if you want to also take care of yourself and your family.
But, once you figure out a system that works for you, things get a lot easier.
In today’s episode, Steven and I discuss how to balance a mortgage career and a personal life, and he shares some of his routines and systems that have helped him manage the everyday hustle. In addition, we also talk about the current market environment and how Steven sees it evolve in the future.
Steven Koerner and his dedicated team pride themselves on delivering a transparent, seamless and efficient mortgage experience to their clients. Steven is a 17 year veteran in the mortgage industry who meticulously focuses on details for his clients. He has found his home with Citizens Bank for the past 5 years. Steven is a recipient of multiple awards including “Presidents Club”, “Customer Satisfaction” and the prestigious “Citizens of Excellence”. Steven Koerner is a proven, time-tested exceptional mortgage expert. Building a meaningful bond and educating his clients are some of the reasons why clients love working with him and his team.
So, listen to Episode 34 of Deposit That, to learn how to do eight hours’ worth of work in half the time, and how to keep your clients happy.
Questions I ask:
- What got you into the mortgage business? (01:22)
- What did you focus on when you got into the business? (02:15)
- How have you been able to manage your personal life with your business life? (16:45)
- What’s your weekly routine? (18:19)
- What would you say is the biggest sacrifice that you made for yourself and your wife? (44:44)
- What’s your personal forecast and understanding of the current market environment that we’re in right now? (48:16)
In this episode, you will learn:
- The reason why Steven chose to be part of Citizens Bank. (10:49)
- The type of clients that work with Steven. (14:58)
- Steven’s follow-up process both with the referral source and with the client. (23:53)
- How Steven sets goals for the year and how he tracks on a monthly basis where he’s at. (29:01)
- The trouble with Zillow, in a nutshell. (51:35)
- Steven’s Deposit That advice for people to implement into their daily life. (52:57)