In the real estate field, 87% of agents will fail to thrive. But why is that?
We have discussed in previous episodes about the lack of proper teaching and the hardships and benefits of being in this industry, but in today’s episode, Matt comes with a fresh perspective on this subject. His experience in the creative world has allowed him to create a different way of marketing the real estate business and he shares great and useful content for all the agents and home buyers/sellers out there.
Matthew is an award-winning New Jersey Broker/Salesperson, working with first time home buyers, luxury home buyers and investors of real estate. For more than 10 years now, Matthew has been working in the Northern New Jersey & New York City markets and he specializes in New York City Commuters, Essex County & Bergen County area homes. Matthew is well-versed in home financing, Short Sale Certified and a Certified Negotiations Expert.
So, listen to Episode 26 of Deposit That, to learn how Matt took all his experience from being in the creative field for 30 years and used it to build a successful business in the real estate industry.
Questions I ask:
- Now you own a real estate brokerage company in New Jersey, but what is your background prior to getting into the real estate business? (01:07)
- Talk to us about your experience marketing not only your company on social media, but you using Facebook as a platform to educate people and show them how you’re doing business. (17:36)
- What’s one thing you want to leave everybody that’s listening today with, in order to implement in 2020? (51:51)
In this episode, you will learn:
- The story of the first piece of property that Matt bought. (09:10)
- The two rules that Matt applies when dealing with home sellers and agents. (23:04)
- The number one rule of being successful, in Matthew’s opinion. (26:50)
- The new rules of NAR – The National Association of Realtors – and how they affect the real estate industry. (27:53)
- The three pillars of Matt’s business. (49:47)
Connect with Matt: