To really succeed in business, you need to understand the rules before you play the game.
Jeff thinks that everyone, no matter the field they’re in, should go through that 36-48 months grind, 24/7, sacrificing everything for the end goal, to really get the hang of it.
On today’s episode, you are going to find out more about your host, Jeff VanNote, in a funny and engaging conversation about the mortgage business, about work-life balance, about parent-child relationship and so much more!
Jeff VanNote has navigated through every cycle of the mortgage industry. Starting during the depths of the financial crash of 2008, he has continuously built his business on relationships and word-of-mouth referrals over the last 10 years. He has made a name for himself in closing what is said to be the most impossible deals in both the residential and commercial lending industries. He has been successful in making the “impossible” possible by giving hope to those who never thought they would be approved for a mortgage the chance to be homeowners.
Jeff passionately works towards the happiness of his clients and is diligent and patient in explaining the mortgage process.
So don’t miss Episode 13 of Deposit That, to learn why a large network is crucial to your business and how you can widen it in order to make a name for yourself.
Questions I ask:
- What made you get into the residential mortgage business? (00:21)
- What is the funniest story that you could remember from early on in your career? (10:48)
- What is your advice to anyone that wants to make a name for themselves in the business at an early age? (13:53)
- People like to say, “You’re the average of your five friends.” Do you believe that? (19:31)
- What do you think are the main problems today, in business? Specifically in mortgage lending and real estate business? (21:07)
- How did you learn the mortgage business at such an early age? What was your strategy to go out and get business? (39:37)
- Do you believe that residential mortgage business is a life-long career? (49:23)
- We all know that you like nicknames. How did you get the nickname “The Closer” and how did that evolve into “The Mortgage Quarterback?” (55:17)
In this episode, you will learn:
- The importance of having an office culture. (15:47)
- Jeff’s strengths and weaknesses in business. (16:50)
- Why Jeff refers to some people as being dinosaurs. (32:12)
- Jeff’s work-life balance then, and now. (36:12)
- The future of the mortgage business. (41:44)
- Why Jeff doesn’t believe in business plans and resumes. (52:24)
- The purpose of Jeff’s book, “The Mortgage Playbook for Millennials”. (01:00:12)
- Jeff’s advice for you to deposit in your memory bank. (01:11:21)
Connect with Jeff: