But not everything is as good as it sounds. With so many people becoming realtors, the competition is harsh, and you have to differentiate yourself from the others in order to be successful.
One of the advantages of working in real estate is that you are not tied to a 9 to 5 schedule – you still work every day but you can make your own schedule. That’s why a lot of people are now turning their heads towards this career path. Plus, passing the realtor exam and getting your license is really easy.
On today’s episode, Kyra shares with us her journey so far in the real estate industry and she talks about developing a career without learning it in school.
Kyra Huxel is a realtor associate at Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Hudson River Properties. She is super passionate about homes and from a young age, she loved going to open houses with her dad. Kyra officially got into real estate at 21 years old and although she’s only 25 now, she knows her way around properties.
One of her biggest qualities is being a very honest realtor – she wouldn’t tell you to purchase something she wouldn’t purchase with her own cash.
So, listen to Episode 10 of Deposit That to learn how accumulating experience in multiple areas of work, can benefit your career more than spending years going to college.
Questions I ask:
- Tell us a little bit about how you got into real estate. (01:37)
- Do you feel like, because the market has shifted a little bit in the rental market, are landlords now starting to pay the broker fees? (15:31)
- Do you continue to see rent prices come down? (17:20)
- What do you do with that person that can afford to buy but chooses not to and rents a luxury apartment? (19:40)
- What’s one thing you want to leave the listeners with, that they can deposit that to their brain? (57:18)
- If someone’s ready to give up right now, but they’re listening to you, what’s the one thing that you want them to know? (57:42)
In this episode, you will learn:
- How Kyra came up with her Instagram name. (00:32)
- The advantages and disadvantages of renting in one place and buying cheaper somewhere else. (26:06)
- The trouble with owners that rent their place through Airbnb. (27:37)
- How Kyra manages to balance work and personal life. (33:16)
- How career can be impacted by relationships and vice-versa. (39:17)
Connect with Kyra: