Hey, can I pick your brain?
Just about every attorney hears this phrase over and over again. Actually, roughly 70% of an attorney’s work ends up being pro bono, with 30% being profitable work.
For Jeana Pinto, she doesn’t mind this so much when she’s spending time in her community. Giving out legal advice, for her, plays a significant role in connecting with others and cultivating long-term relationships. After all, in this business, building real relationships with people is absolutely crucial.
On today’s episode, I’m here with my friend Jeana Pinto. She’s a New York Real Estate Lawyer. She’s been practicing real estate for 12 years and has a real passion for it. Her job exposes her to learn about people, communities, and life in general. She’s worked as a broker, owner, investor, purchaser, and seller, in order to learn all aspects of real estate and to understand the emotions that come into play on all sides.
In this episode, Jeana and I discuss how she became a lawyer, and all about her experience as a woman in what is currently a male-dominated industry. She shares thoughtful advice for women coming into the workplace right out of college, practical tips for first-time homebuyers, and some insight into what a day in the life of a real estate lawyer looks like.
So listen to episode 7 of Deposit That, where we discuss all aspects of the legalities of real estate, and what the life of a real estate lawyer looks like.
Questions I ask:
- How did you become an attorney? (0:44)
- Did you ever feel that you were at a disadvantage? (2:58)
- What advice do you have for women who feel like they can’t compete? (5:09)
- How important is it to have actual relationships in this business? (15:27)
- What’s your advice for first-time homebuyers? (27:32)
- What’s your advice for young women that want to become an attorney? (35:30)
In this episode, you will learn:
- How Jeana gains respect in her job. (3:48)
- Why it’s important to pick your battles at work. (9:58)
- How Jeana deals with clients’ unrealistic expectations in this day and age. (18:34)
- What 3 things first-time homebuyers need upfront to be successful. (27:50)
- How to quiet the noise that overwhelms first-time homebuyers. (31:59)
- How Jeana balances her work and life. (39:36)
Connect with Jeana: