Failure is not the end, it is a stepping stone to success.
It is just one way of not doing things, or one way that things don’t work.
You’ve got to continue to strive for greatness, you’ve got to continue to knock on doors, and to try to be the best you can be.
But you have to be prepared because when the opportunity comes,
If you’re not ready for it, then you’ll never be successful.
On today’s episode, my guest is one of my best friends, Jason Caldwell, a guy who kept going on the right path even though all odds were against him.
Jason Caldwell is currently an Associate at Goldman Sachs. His life was rough from the very beginning, having grown without a father, in Baltimore, and seeing his two brothers getting killed by gangs, but fear got him out of that toxic environment. A football scholarship got him into college, and through hard work and commitment, he managed his way into the NFL. After college, he chose to give up a football career, to join the wolves of Wall Street.
Jason’s belief is that if you can see it, then you can be it; if you can touch it, then you can become it.
So, listen to Episode 6 of Deposit That, to learn that you should never be discouraged by your current situation and that opportunities are always ahead, if you want to see them.
Questions I ask:
- How did you learn choosing the right path, without having a father figure in your life? (00:06:51)
- How do you balance being ultra-patient and waiting for your time versus going out there by nature and just taking what you want and competing? (00:38:30)
- What was it like the day you realized that you had a legitimate career opportunity at Goldman Sachs? (00:40:32)
- What do you do with a person that is so closed-minded in any topic? (01:00:24)
- What’s one thing that you would like to see people implement into their daily life routine agenda? (01:03:24)
In this episode, you will learn:
- The story of Jason’s childhood. (00:03:23)
- How being told he couldn’t play sports or walk correctly, motivated Jason to succeed. (00:19:26)
- The reason Jason chose Wall Street. (00:33:40)
- Jason’s advice to kids who grew up the way he did. (00:42:57)
- One of the things that changed Jason’s direction to where he is now. (00:47:33)
Connect with Jason: