When you work for somebody as in 9 to 5, you’re helping the owner,
You’re not changing anyone’s lives except that person.
In real estate, I always say I’m here to change a life.
I’m not just here to help you make money because you’re not just making money.
It’s just so much more to it.
We need to make sure you could buy a property the right way, without hurting yourself.
On today’s episode, I’m here with a good friend of mine, Amal. We met on social media over 10 years ago, when she reached out to me on LinkedIn, since that was the only real social media for business at the time.
Amal is a mother, a wife and she is very successful in the real estate business. She loves food and she actually has a culinary degree. She went from working in restaurants to being a personal chef, to working at Eleni’s as a purchasing manager. She didn’t like working a 9 to 5 job for someone else, so she decided that the real estate domain was a better choice for her.
Amal says that she doesn’t put in the time to do 24/7 real estate, she puts in the time as much as she wants, to be efficient and to make as much money as she feels she needs.
So listen to Episode 5 of Deposit That, where we talk about the real estate world, and we give you some of our best life advice.
Questions I ask:
- What made you go on LinkedIn and what made you reach out to me? (01:20)
- What made you support your husband’s business? (03:12)
- Talk to me about work-life balance. (20:46)
- Would you say real estate provides you that real full flexibility to be everything else on top of that? (22:45)
- What advice do you have for any teen-year-old female in regards to relationships, career and work-life balance? (27:26)
- What is one thing that a person can take away from all your knowledge and experience to take it to the memory bank and deposit that? (48:22)
In this episode, you will learn:
- Amal’s first investment. (09:52)
- One of her not so favorite deals. (15:00)
- Why she stopped working in the culinary world. (33:43)
- Amal’s advice for 30-year-old women. (35:46)
- People’s holdback on selling the property and becoming instant millionaires. (40:43)